San Diego

by - 9:42 PM

Since I was a teen, back in the day when Laguna Beach and The O.C. came out, i've always wanted to live in So Cal. Up to this very day, I hadn't been presented an opportunity to visit the west coast. One Thursday morning a friend of mine called asking if I was up for a weekend trip to San Diego. I had nothing planned, of course i'm up for a go!

Adios Dallas!

I packed my things and hopped on the plane the next morning. As soon as I arrived I felt as if I were in paradise. Just seeing all the palm trees (i'm obsessed with palm trees) made me all giddy. 


Jim and a friend scooped me from the airport and off we went to start an adventure! First up, meeting an old friend Tony and his gang for lunch at Stone Brewing at Liberty Station.


I had never had a lobster roll, and boy have I been missing out! Apologies for the bite taken, I couldn't resist getting my gubby little hands on it immediately, it looked so delicious!


Afterwards I went with Tony to hang out for a bit while Jim met with some friends. We spontaneously decided to go out for a drink and meet more friends of friends out (note the reoccurring pattern here, it continues.) I had nothing presentable on so I borrowed his roommate's girlfriend's leggings, Tony's shirt, and someone else's beanie sitting on the counter. Fashionista moment at its finest!


When we were done with the bar scene it was ramen time! We headed over to Tony's favorite noodle place, and stuffed our faces with the most amazing ramen I have ever had. (Showing the terrible blogger I am, I have forgotten majority of the places we ate, I hope one day you can forgive me!)


Saturday morning, I woke up and had breakfast with Jim and a friend. Afterwards the boys decided it was beer o'clock while I decided to take a very long run up, down, and all around Mission Beach. The weather was perfect for running that day with people filling up the running path by noon.

After a nice run, it was time to hang out with the boys. We all jumped in the car and vroomed south to have some lunch and a few mimosas at an ocean view restaurant.


While everyone was drunk and ready for a nap, Jim's friend was very ready to show me around Diego and show off his city. We dropped the rest of our crew off and he gave me directions to end up at a perfect view in La Jolla. The pictures don't do it justice, but I must admit they came out pretty darn good. It was time for us to part, so Tony came to pick me up to show me around La Jolla a bit more then onward to the hot tub we went for enjoyment of the phenomenal sunset.


Boy, am I glad I made that decision, the sunset was literally breathtaking. I started snapping photos every few minutes as the view changed until the show was over. How beautiful is this?! There are no filters, NO FILTERS! It blows my mind how beautiful God's masterpiece can be. The rest of the night was pretty laid back, just enjoying being with great friends on the beach.

Sunday morning we walked down to have brunch at World Famous, which is an amazing brunch spot on Mission Beach by the way...if you're ever in San Diego you must eat there once! After we made sure our bellies were full, we headed off to the San Diego Zoo.


Before we got to the zoo we made a pit stop at Hotel de Cornado to get another yet beautiful view and look around the famous luxurious resort.


At the zoo the panda was naturally my favorite.


We also got excited like little kids and rode on the gondola, twice. Or maybe we were just getting lazy....the place is huge, don't judge!


After an eventful day at the zoo we headed to meet some friends on PB at Pacific Beach Shore Club. The view of the sunset was again, phenomenal, however when they started playing Michel Telo, that's what sold the city to my soul.


We later went out to another spot just around the corner on Mission Beach and went next door to get some grub. Wow, this place had the best Greek gyros i'll probably ever have, the food was flipping brilliant. My mouth is watering as i'm writing, wondering if I can find a good place here....


Monday before our flight back to the lonestar state we decided to get breakfast at a wonderful resort, a personal favorite of Jim's. I had to get Belgium waffles and it was definitely a wise choice. After breakfast we went to kill time at a yacht club and shortly after we were homeward bound.


I can not wait to get back to San Diego and see more of this beautiful city. It's definitely become one of my top's.

You May Also Like

0 comments