Avocado Egg Salad Wrap

by - 2:29 PM

If you would have asked me a few months ago if I ever saw myself writing a blog on food, I would have probably laughed. I have never been a good cook, even decent for that matter. I'm the girl who burns the cookies, or gets the ingredients wrong... I will find a way to screw up something.

I have never had any interest in cooking until just recently. I have become more of a homebody, mostly because i'm saving money. There's also the extra time I have to spend at home since I have started to workout before trotting to work. 

So, I got the itch to start out small and find something delicious sounding, yet healthy. I have got this recipe from Never Homemaker thanks to Pinterest. 



Avocado Egg Salad Wrap

First off, you will need the tasty ingredients of:



4 hard-boiled eggs
1 large avocado, cubed as shown below
2 tablespoons Mayonnaise or Vegenaise (I used Regular Mayo)
1 teaspoon curry or fenugreek powder
Pinch of salt and pepper
Tortillas of choice
First boil the eggs in water for 5 minutes. 

When the timer goes off immediately take the pan and dump the boiling water out....


To then pour cold water over the eggs, and let sit for around 5 minutes or so.


Then carefully bang the each egg on the counter to break the shell, and start to peel the shell off. The rest should come off pretty easily once you get a good bit off. All your eggs should look as follows.


Next, time to chop the eggs into bits.


Same with the avocado, below is the easiest way to cut an avocado up.


Put these ingredients in a bowl along with the 2 tbsp mayo of choice, pepper as needed, and mash together. I left out the curry and salt (I've never tasted curry and wasn't sure if I would like it.) This made enough for 2 wraps, and took under 15 minutes to make!

I chose the Garden Spinach Herb Mission wraps, and I highly recommend them, it was so delicious and I was very proud of myself for not ruining something!

Viola!



Who knows, maybe i'll be the next Rachel Ray! ;)

XOXO
M

You May Also Like

0 comments