How to Save Money With Entry Level Pay

by - 8:23 PM

I have previously mentioned that I have an adventure coming up pretty quickly. For the past year and half I have been saving up to make a big move out of state, or possibly out of the country. As a girl, and an adventurous one I might add, I know how hard it is to actually save money, believe me, i'm going through the struggle as I speak.

Firstly, If you want to take care of your body and skin a lot of money or time goes into that; getting accustomed to working 8 hour days and squeezing in cooking dinner and a workout doesn't leave you much time to for anything else before you're passed out on the living room floor. Our makeup and every other beauty product is probably overpriced, healthy food isn't easy on the wallet, and being single also doesn't help. At least with my experience, when you are in a relationship, you tend to stay in more and have cheaper dates compared to a night out with the girls all weekend and selected days during the week. 

Anyways, why am I blabbing about all this? I figure I would share with you a few tips of mine on how to budget and really save some money if you are wanting to achieve a similar goal.


1. Restrict eating out. I eat out maybe once a week. Doing this saves a ton of money on food, and you also know exactly what you're putting into your body cooking for yourself.

2. Stay home. Find things at home to occupy yourself, and I don't mean sit on the couch eating Oreos (so addicting) and watching the tele all day. Get on Pinterest and make something for your pad that you've been wanting! A lot of times it's much cheaper and you feel accomplished when finished.

3. Spend more time outdoors. I miss being a kid, the way I grew up. I took every chance I could get to go exploring outside. On the weekends instead of going shopping go for a run/hike/walk. Discover new escapes you otherwise would never know about in your neighborhood.

 4. Don't go shopping. When I say don't, I mean really try not to unless it's something you are really needing. Now, if you must shop (you little shopaholic you) try online shopping if you can, most times you will find the same thing you were looking for much cheaper. I do go shopping from time to time, but I also must really love the piece in order to make a purchase. You must remember,"this money could be going to _____ instead, do I really need it?"

5. Read more. I'm an advocate on learning, it increases your worth after all! I'm one of those people who seems nosy, yet we're just curious to learn something from other people. Growing up I was a reading machine. I became so busy during college, that when I was finished I didn't know what to do with all my spare time, until I decided to start reading again. Not only will reading improve your vocabulary, you also learn valuable lessons. It's almost like traveling without spending all the money! You can find tons of books through Amazon or at Half Price Books for real cheap. My Kindle get's monthly deals as well, all books under $3.99.

6. Limit your drinks. This is also a great way to avoid the famous nasty hangover the following day. When going out with friends, limit yourself to one or two drinks, that's it. It gives you just enough to relax and have fun, but you're not over-doing it. You will wake up the next morning feeling amazing and productive with a husky wallet!


There you have it! Hopefully this helps some people that are having a hard time saving up!
Are there any ways you have found to save money that are fairly easy? If so I would love to hear them below in the comments!
XO
M

You May Also Like

0 comments