Great Things Never Come From Comfort Zones- Hello 2014!

by - 11:46 AM



I can't believe it's already a new year! After all the craziness that has happened this past year, all of the ups and downs, I can confidently tell you that with the bad comes better. I still don't know exactly where my life is going this next year, but I know there are good things in store for me.

This year i've done a lot for myself. I went snowboarding in Santa Fe which was a total blast. My birthday was spent with some of the best friends a girl could ask for doing what I love. I have met the most amazing people within this last year. Fourth of July I got to reunite with some old friends. I went with my family on our yearly trip to Ruidoso. In this last month I have had the privilege to see 3 outstanding artists perform (JT, Rihanna, and Jay Z) and just last weekend I witnessed one of my best friends from way back marry the love of her life.
 I just completed my certification to teach English as a foreign language, something i've been wanting to do for a while, taken on a side job blogging for an Interior Designer and that's a huge positive step for my career goals, reminding me my writing is good quality. Another huge accomplishment... I started this blog! Last but not least, landed my first job in Advertising and have realized this isn't exactly the direction I want to head towards nor the place I want to settle down. I felt I was the only one going through this, until I stopped to look around to see about every 20-something is doing the same. If you don't you are one of the lucky ones!

I've done a ton of research and soul searching to figure out what my next step is, where I want to live and what really makes me happy. I've been on some hardcore discipline to save enough money to move somewhere I want. I can't begin to tell you how much i've grown, from semi-responsible party girl to responsible young woman. It's crazy how fast life goes sometimes. I truly believe God has a plan for us, sometimes we don't see where he is leading us, or why certain things happen, but in the end everything makes sense and turns out how it's supposed to be. We just need to put in a little more trust, because that big man upstairs knows what he's doing.

With that said, 2014 is going to be epic, I just have a feeling! I've thought up a list of  few things I hope to stick to starting this next year:

Face Time/Skype my family more. 

Call my grandparents more often, time is beginning to look sensitive and I shouldn't have waited this long. Unfortunately at times we get so caught up in our own lives and put aside the people that love us the most.

Continue to grow, soak up more knowledge and gain experiences, with people, places, things.

Move somewhere new (by the beach hopefully) crossing fingers and create new experiences.

Travel much more because after all, travel is the only thing that makes you richer.

 Donate to charity.

Start investing.

Pay off some of my debt.

Pay more attention to my blog now that I have the time.

Find a diverse gym/workout to stick with so I stop getting bored and become lazy.

Cook more and get better at it. Those of you who have had my cooking know it needs improvement. 

Read a book a month.

Find a job that doesn't feel like work, that makes me happy.




So there you have it! I have already began to conquer some of the items on my list, and hopefully 2014 is the start of a bright future ahead! I can't wait to see what the next year will have in store, I love the mysteriousness yet excitement of not knowing. "Great things never come from comfort zones."

What are some of your goals for the next year? Will you stick with them?

Happy New Year!
XO
M


 

You May Also Like

0 comments