Art Basel Miami 2014

by - 8:15 AM

Art Basel Miami is the largest and most notable event that happens in the city every year. It brings millions of our finest tourist from around the globe. Hearing this, I had to check it out and find out what all the buzz was about. My week started with Beck's Launch Party on Wednesday with my friend Sarah and a group of her friends. Excuse me while I ruin good things, like this picture, with my silliness.


Let's just say things escalated quickly. After parting ways with my new friends, I made another new friend Bobby, who then introduced me to Cobra Snake. He's a pretty rad dude, i'm particularly attracted to his fashion sense (he was sporting money pants and matching Birks). 


Thursday I wandered around South Beach to see what I could stumble upon, which led me to Alec Monopoly's fine art on SLS. Shortly after it started pouring, so I decided to call it a day.
#LAinMIA


Saturday was the day for us as Vanessa and I headed to Wynwood/Midtown to see what kind of trouble we could stir up. Fortunately for everyone around us, we were well behaved young ladies.


I had to check out my companies new project in the area, HYDE Midtown, and inside found this beautiful piano.


After paying my duties and showing my face, off to the Pinta Gallery we went!


Pinta did not offer much, so we switched gears and took on Art Miami. I photographed a few of my favorites below! After I exited I remembered that I should have gotten the names of all the artist to give them the recognition they deserve, can I take slap on the hand this once? I feel really terrible. 


I would love to purchase one of these for my place. "Make your own destiny". Only around $30,000...easy, that's pocket money. *wink*


This girl was animated. I caught her winking at me, flirty little devil.


We've all seen Andy Warhol's version of Marilyn before, however this piece had a spin to it....the entire work of art was made of reading spectacles! 


I adore this next one and hope to purchase one soon.


Ladies and gents, this ballerina is not alive, but she looks just as real in person as on camera. Mind blown.


Legos inside the pillar....


This structure was made out of bits and pieces of anime figurines. Completely mind blown now. I really regret not taking a close up to show you how complex and time consuming this must have been. I suppose you can use your imagination for now.


A little interactive art for ya!


A creepy realistic head inside a Coke machine, didn't quite understand this but it's very different.


Street art is everywhere in the Art District, and each piece is just as wonderful as the last. I definitely would like to revisit the area to see more when the festival is over.


As we were leaving I found this wall art and naturally had to snap a picture. This funny gentleman walking past wanted to get in my picture as well. People are great aren't they? 


He was satisfied with the product, took his date and scooted along giving me the spotlight again.



You May Also Like

0 comments